Decision of the Directorate on August 25th, 2006
- All scientists at DESY are asked to
- transfer preprints of their approved publications to publicly accessible electronic print archives,
- preferably publish in open access journals,
- see to it that, when submitting articles for publication in other journals, DESY retains the right to make the article accessible in its latest version and in electronically readable form, e.g. in an institutional repository.
"The foundation Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron shall be entitled to make the contents of the article freely accessible to the general public on the internet or in some other form at the time of publication (alternatively 3 or 6 months after the article's publication)."
(If there is no objection on the part of the publisher, this annex becomes an integral part of the contract and is thus valid.)
Download annex: (english) (deutsch)
- The Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron makes its own publications (book, contribution to a book, journal article, conference proceedings, article in a conference proceedings) accessible to the public in an institutional repository.
- All publications generated at the Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron or through the collaboration of other persons with employees of DESY are to be collected in a publication database in a timely manner.
Theses (habilitation theses, dissertations, diploma theses), lectures and talks, contributions to conference posters, and internal reports are also entered into this database. The full texts of these papers should be accessible to the general public in the institutional repository, too.
- Presently, DESY supports the electronic journal Physical Review Special Topics – Accelerators and Beams. Adequate fees for the publication in open access journals will be accepted by DESY in the future.